2008/03/19

So Kimo's is the cool place for shows again... really?

John Maus - Maniac


I've listened to John Maus' album Songs more times then I'm willing to admit. I listen and wonder how long it took Maus to program all the stupid Baroque moments that manically pop in and out of the album. I really do love those moments, even if they are a bit showoffy and ironic. I dunno, classical music isn't funny yet, and I really doubt Maus is passionate about the Baroque period - he's probably just into the naive 60s Baroque that everybody loves - he could probably give a shit less about the furniture.

The above video for Maniac was only recently put back up on YouTube. Let's give him a break: from my experience, It's hard to keep videos on YouTube because in moments of paranoia, you somehow visualize people laughing at you huddling around a laptop. In this video Maus looks like he hasn't slept for days and yet he's very confident (I'm not saying he's high) about his cool. It's the kind of video your parents would hate. The inde girl in the video puts it all in perspective. She's hypnotized by his multitrack. She obviously hasn't dated a musician before and she thinks he and his friends are all really cool. If I were in the video I'd tell that bitch to RUN. I love the Maniac video.

John Maus plays this Saturday, March 22nd at Kimo's with Bridez.

No comments: