2007/11/18

CareFREE Monday!

So it's true. I've been really occupied. I found time between moving to call my father yesterday. He has discovered google; and has been busy googling himself. It turns one of his books is worth over a hundred dollars now. It's funny to me that there are people out there who care about my father's poetry, because I never did.

My dad has fought very hard to escape the ghosts in his past. It's amusing to me that they're coming back to haunt him. He wasn't thrilled about my idea to leak some old stock he has in boxes.

He's been done with a new novel for a while now, but is scared to release it. He is teaching high school in a very conservative school district. They'd most certainly frown upon some of the adult subject matter. It's funny: no matter how much admiration an artists receives, they're still required to act like any other rational human and just bottle it up most of the time.

He was pissed about the YouTube video I made where my bandmate, Aaron, burned me. I can see why. It has the potential of threatening any reputation I develop in the future as a working, contributing and sane citizen. My dad has made some really dumb decisions that I'm not stupid enough to blog about. Even so, we're glad some people out there appreciate my dad for all that he is.

So keep you dreams alive everyone! Because if don't, they'll just come back to haunt you. There is no turning back.

Great show tonight at Cafe Du Nord with some of WFISF's favorite bands. It's free and fancy!



Click to enlarge flyer