2008/01/04

Hard Place at TransAm, tomorrow

Did we mention this:



One of the neat things about San Francisco is we end up with club nights that try to mix and match scenes. TransAm tries to brings the gays out of their Castro shell by luring them to SOMA with drag queens, cheap drinks, and guys looking to get laid but they mix it up by having a local band headline the evening and the DJs spin the rock musics. Actually, I don't know if they're luring anybody who wouldn't already be heading to SOMA, but its a nice change of pace from the Donuts crowd. And the guys seem to like it because TransAm is usually pretty busy.

Tomorrow should be fun, Hard Place will have their trail of costumes, confetti, and whipped cream behind them and the drag queens look good too! I don't know anyhting about Miss Nix but Rentecca put on one of the filthiest performances I've seen, like, ever. I'm kind of surprised its not on youtube as it was a film piece done for Midnight Mass a few years ago. I won't go into details, but it involved an unorthodox enema and ice cream. This was followed up by a routine to "Don't it Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gale. This is also not on youtube, but you can watch Crystal's version here if you're like that. It seems Drag Queens didn't start putting their shit (literally) up on youtube until last year. However, I guess Rentecca did a cover of "Brown Eyed Girl" which is basically the same thing:



I liked "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" better, it was more restrained. But let me tell you, I've never seen people scatter like that when something was tossed into the audience. And we were in theater seating, so people were climbing over each other to get out of the way. Priceless!

So come out tomorrow night! Who knows what you'll get on you!

No comments: