2007/12/12

God so many people died this year





It's really hard for me to decide what my favorite songs of 2007 are. To be honest, I find the songs that have managed to survive the past couple years without sounding passé to be way more interesting than flavor-of-the-year hits a lot of bloggers are writing about.

One song from 2005 that has never left me is Flossin' by Mike Jones featuring Big Moe. I don't care how over exposed Mike Jones got, or how trite the lyrics of this song may sound to the soulless inde asshole; I've never been able to get over the big, bright and romantic chords of Flossin'. For me, this is as good as music gets.

Big Moe passed away this year. It's kind of amazing what's happened in the past couple years - people from all over the world are listening to music from Houston now.

No comments: