2007/12/05

back on the scene

I've been sick and busy with work and all sorts of fun stuff, but I'm back on the scene. More about that later.

Anyway, a few weeks ago Bridez, Forever, and The Passionistas played at Cafe du Nord. Bridez were totally killer. Fronted by Liza of So So Many White White Tigers and cobain in a coma, I think this band represents a different side of this girl. Unlike the intentional disaster area that a SSMWWT show is/becomes, where Liza does her best Courtney Love impression -- antagonizing the audience and throwing things -- while the band thrashes itself into the ground rather than actually beating out a song, Bridez is the flip side of that coin where disaster follows Liza around while she and her band mates honestly try to thrash out an actual song. And you can just about make out the song they're trying to play -- even as keyboards crash to the ground, stands collapse, and monitors are knocked over while Liza paces the stage like she can't articulate herself -- and that song is pretty awesome. Seriosuly, I think this girl has talent.

CIMG3122.JPG
More here!

Forever were totally some kind of whiskey soaked or road ravaged rock band, the singer and guitarist looking into each others eyes like they're in love with... well based on their sound and what their myspace page says, X. I liked these girls because they were excited to be on stage, but sometimes their songs were a little too much like later X, which is a little to straight up rock 'n roll for me. Hopefully they can figure out how take that X influence and turn it into something more their own. Oh, and do you think they like X so much because its two Vs touching each other? Hmm.

CIMG3166.JPG

More here!

I'm not even going to get into the Passionistas. They already think they're the greatest band of all time. Even if I were to write something to the contrary would their eyes even be able to see it? Would their brains be able to comprehend it? I think through sheer force of belief my words would turn into praise.

CIMG3217.JPG

More here!

3 comments:

AaronMayfieldSunshine said...

Uh oh myles, Jeremy warned us. I think we need to go through a humility phase.

M said...

I love that two V's touching each other comment. Funneh!

ohnochriso said...

2 V's touching rules the world forever.