2007/10/10

photos: dealership 10/4/07

CIMG2533.JPGOh boy! More low light photos from my point and click. Myles, elton, and I all ventured out to check out the re-appearance of Dealership and the Retox Lounge. The show was downstairs which was decorated to look like an airplane flying in a storm. A side panel from an airplane lined the room and business class seats along two of the walls. I thought it looked kinda ok, but Myles thought it looked like some kind of burning man installation and google confirms that the Retox is some kind of 'burner' lounge. I'm slightly horrified to have liked something that could be a burning man installation, but come on, it wasn't anything like this. Right? I like it out on third street though, more venues here please!


Anyway, we missed The Attachments. Dealership has a new member, so now they're a four piece which means a fuller sound and indie rock quiet loud dynamics. I used to really like these guys, but I've kinda tapped out on that whole college/indie sound. Its so serious! Even though I wasn't as into them as I used to be, these guys do what they do really well. If you like the indie rock though, go see them!
CIMG2510.JPG
CIMG2527.JPG

We couldn't stick around for all of the Sweetie set, but Myles and Elton thought their drummer was great.
CIMG2555.JPG

See the rest on flickr

1 comment:

Matthew R. Perrine said...

Tapped out on college rock is one thing ... but Dealership?! I couldn't imagine a day when their songs didn't move me.