2007/10/03

Dealership, tomorrow!

I don't understand Dealership. They seem really put together and good looking, but i dunno:


  • They have a fancy website which they don't update anymore. It was last updated about a year ago, and then a year before that. I guess current internet trends have taken their toll as they do have active myspace profile and, um, a wikipedia entry. Which is cool, but if I had put that much work into the website I'd be updating that bitch. Just saying, I hate the new internet where I have to look at a million places!


  • One of the Chris's got weird hair



  • They used to have lots of shows and some of the ability to work the hype machine that Myles seems to be interested in. Now, it seems, shows are infrequent and I always get wind of them last minute.


  • They've promising a new album and that they're still a band and stuff, but its been a while. Its like they're that friend who's always promising to make you a mix tape but then never deliver



What happened? Celebrity sized drug problems? Citizens Here and Abroad was more of a money maker. Jane became completely obsessed with sexy video game play? Actually I heard one of them moved and I'm sure they're just as well put together and good looking as ever. And, they're playing a show at the retox lounge out in the dogpatch, which i guess might still be San Francisco's up and coming neighborhood but is totally not out in the middle of nowhere now that the T line is running. I always notice this place when I'm in the neighborhood and now there's a reason to check it out!

Dealership
October 4, 8PM
Retox Lounge

No comments: