2007/10/23

Chris Crocker's San Francisco Debut Thursday!

Chris Crocker - Nose pickin'





For me, Chris Crocker represents a huge shift in 'punk rock' (for lack of a better term). I believe if I were an angry teenager growing up in the middle of nowhere in 2008, I would not start a punk band - instead I would be making provocative YouTube videos. Right now, Chris Crocker is my favorite band... even though he doesn't make music.

Watching Chris' contagious videos convinced me that making an ass of one's self on the Internet is a good idea. He inspired me to make my own idiotic videos. Chris changed the way I think about the Internet. He taught me that the Internet is anything I want it to be. I can't wait to see Chris Thursday on his first visit to San Francisco. I have no idea what he is going to do, but it will be fun. I'll be hanging out amongst the lovely Monistat who is host for the evening. You shouldn't miss this either.

I'm totally getting my hopes up. This flyer looks like the magazines I bought when I was sick. It's amazing.