2007/09/15

Pimp C is talking gay - Homophobic or not?


If it wasn't for the 50 and Kayne thing, this would get a lot more attention.

Let me just start out by saying this: I never chose to like rap, the same way I never chose to like old, fat queens. I YAM WHAT I YAM. As both a rap fan and gay man (hey that rhymes), I've learned to take rapper's lyrics and interviews with a grain of salt. I've heard Keith Boykin liken hip hop to a megaphone, explaining that hip hop is a homophobic because society is homophobic. I agree - and wholeheartedly believe that art should be as much about ugliness as about beauty. K?

So when a rapper starts spouting off about faggotry my ears (maybe some other things too) perk up a little. But let's get this straight (or gay maybe), I haven't gone out of my way to find out which rappers are gay (a rumored many), and I don't really care to know. I do get crushes on rappers from time to time. One of them is Pimp C.

I have this little homophobia test. I try to befriend all the rappers I like on MySpace. Before you read the interviews, let me state for fact that Pimp C approved my MySpace request for friendship! Most rappers have turned me down, including Cam'ron (no surprise with his whole "no homo" campaign), Lil Wayne (bummed about this one) and Rick Ross (hot and probably gay). Let me say this, to whoever is googling this in the bloggosphere, I do not think Pimp C is gay. He has a wife and two kids, and let's leave it at that.   


In an interview with Bonsu Thomson

You’ve conducted some interviews recently that expressed some pretty offensive opinions, but you only apologized for your “Atlanta ain’t the South” statement. Any other apologies you wanna make?
Let me say this: That statement about Russell Simmons had nothing to do with his sexual orientation. It had more to do with a disagreement [we had]. I don’t know if the man likes Martians, squirrels or whatever, so I ain’t gonna speak on something that I didn’t see. It’s no gay-bashing with me. It’s just, be proud of what you are, instead of hidin’ in the closet. And if ya fuck boys in the ass, then don’t be tryna fuck with the girls, too, poisoning the pussy population wit’ ya shitty ol’ dirty-ass dick.

So Pimp C is not a gay-basher?
I’m not a gay-basher, because gay people buy my records. Why would I be offended by your sexual preference, unless I’m in the closet? If ya like boys, go get all the boys ya want. And whatever you did that you ashamed of, don’t do it no more.

Do you ever feel any compassion for Bun B, for being in a group with a man like yourself, who is unfiltered and can be bullheaded in his ways?
You been programmed to think I’m bullheaded. I just know what the fuck goin’ on. I know who’s a faggot, I know who lettin’ them girls fuck ’em in the ass with them dildos, I know who really sold dope, I know who didn’t. I be in Houston. The only nigga I see [in Houston] goin’ to the mall by himself is Slim Thug. Other niggas, when I see ’em, they got bodyguards around ’em. How you gonna be scared of the neighborhood you supposed to be reppin’? All them [Houston rappers] that think they stars, guess what, bitch? Ain’t no stars down here. Only stars is in the muthafuckin’ sky!


In an interview with "R.E." for the August issue of Ozone

Pimp C on fashion: “Young ass niggas that used to be wearing gangsta clothes wearing v-neck sweaters and Argyle socks looking like Pharrell. Are you niggas metrosexual or homosexual or what? You’ve got plenty of pictures of these niggas dressing funny. Nigga, you ain’t Fonsworth Bentley, bitch! You ain’t Pharrell, nigga!”
R.E.’s Reaction: (LMAO).

Pimp C on being pretty: “Get your finger out your ass and get off that old-pussy-ass sexy ass shit. All these niggas think they’re sexy. Man, keep your damn shirt on. You ain’t 50 Cent nigga. And for the record, most of you niggas are ugly and if I take the makeup off your bitch, my skin is prettier than all your hoes’ skin. My skin is pretty. My toes are pretty. I’m a young funky wild boy and I’m a sexy young muthafucker.”
R.E.’s Reaction: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Pimp C on Ne-Yo: “I ain’t out here dressing up trying to be sexy licking my lips like old gay ass Ne-Yo. Licking lips and shit, nigga. Pussy dick in the booty ass nigga wearing all that gotdamn lip gloss at their video shoots and letting niggas put makeup on their face. Yeah, I said Ne-Yo, you heard what the fuck I said. Niggas putting all that lip gloss on they fuckin’ lips looking like they’ve just been eating a pork chop sandwich with no hands.”
R.E.’s Reaction: “Yo, this nucca is buggin’…(lmao).”




Pimp C is the guy (not the bride) in all white.

No comments: