2007/09/19

Oh my God, worst song ever.

BOOOOOO! WFISF hates Sean Kingston


Sean Kingston - Me Love


BARF! This new song falls into that disgusting Disney/Smash Mouth/Nickelodeon/Shrek-music category of total suckage. This song will never be ironic, funny, kitchy or fun EVER. Total pop pollution!

So far I completely hate Sean Kingston's career. Both of his singles are about being dumped. I have no sympathy for the guy, I'd dump him too! This seventeen year old Floridian mama's boy needs to lose the Jamaican accent.

I love pop music, it's sad to see stuff like this become so popular. I need a lobotomy!

5 comments:

ohnochriso said...

I think what bothers me the most about this video is the total lie of a backing band during the performance shots. Like there were any live instruments utilized in the making of that fucking horrid song!

Unknown said...

Actually, I think this video is hilarious. Not in an ironic way or a so bad its good way, but in a its so amateur hour kinda way. It was obviously directed by somebody who specializes in mobile phone company advertisements. Maybe I'm saying that because a phone is prominiently featured in the video, or maybe I'm saying that because this video looks just like that Shakira Verizon ad.

Also, I have a hard time taking break up songs seriously from kids who still have the baby fat on their faces. Shut up, this kid isn't thinking about a break up, he's thinking about ice cream!

M said...

Yeah I agree that there is very little live playing on the recording. I think they just sampled UB40's cover of Neil Diamond's "Red Red Wine." It's kind of a mind fuck because UB40 were mostly white and from the UK... and Sean Kingston is from Florida and has a cell phone. So they avoided Jamaica altogether.

Donna Lethal said...

Yay! I'm so glad you put this on here, because it really is horrendous. And I had only heard the "song." C'mon ... "Sean Kingston"? That's like being called "Joe San Francisco."

Donna Lethal said...

ps. and that "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" is from Zeppelin ... that awful song on "Houses of the Holy" (I'm showing my age now) - "D'yer Maker" (which, with an English accent, sounds like "didjamaker"/"Jamaica," but I grew up in Boston, so it was, "Dia Mayka." We never knew what it meant.

Regardless, that song sucked and so does this one!