2007/06/06

maybe we aren't wordy enough?

Not that this blog isn't awesome, but sometimes I think my posts could provide more insight rather than just vomiting up first impressions for (poor?) comedic effect. But that's the concept and I'm sticking with it. Here's some other San Francisco blogs about music and the scene that we've been reading:

http://www.mostlymeat.com
This blog makes me laugh fairly consistently. The posts may seem ironic (blue oyster cult, good times, pictures of cute cats) but he always talks about his kids and parenting skills and its pretty sweet. Besides, who doesn't like B.O.C., good times, and cute cats? This dude may be a regular poster to the sf indie list, but I don't hold that against him.

http://deadeyeisalive.blogspot.com
A new blog by the drummer of Mon Cousin Belge about being over the bear scene in San Francisco. I think, its what he wrote about in his first post. And I think he's right. The bear 'movement' is about rebelling against the gay uniform (muscled, blond on top, hairless everywhere else, following relentlessly bad fashion trends) and being more comfortable in your own skin. This should be awesome, I'm against any scene's uniform but these guys have ended up just like the gays they hated except in winter clothing (round belly, no hair on top, hair everywhere else, and anything that matches worker boots). Way to get it all wrong fatties!

http://detailedtwang.blogspot.com
I found this blog this morning when I was trying to figure out how much the Wooden Shjps show is tonight. It caught my eye because its named after an obscure art damaged British band from the seventies who do an excellent drums and vocals only cover of the Television Personalities' "Part Time Punks". It looks like lots of informative posts about music on the fringe, past and present.

No comments: