2007/05/16

Gossip


Which SF festival has consistently scheduled shows at the LAB without telling the bands that rehearse below the venue that they need to cancel practice so they do not disrupt the performance. The "promoter" waits until the event is taking place, then send his lackeys (volunteers?) to quiet the rehearsals. This "promoter" has the bands e-mails, knows them on a first name basis, has their myspace info but for the past three years has refused to contact them in advance and ask them not to practice. Guess he doesn't realize that practice spaces cost money.

Which much loved keyboardist, who left both SF and his popular band for the L.A. life was famous in college for plugging his toilet? Seems it was a common occurrence. Worth mentioning in a gossip column? Maybe not, but from what we hear he wasn't good with a plunger to boot!

Which bassist for a L.A./S.F. based band has a serious crack problem? See the photo above as proof.

5 comments:

M said...

Mission Creek!

I dunno! I don't know of any popular keyboard players.

I like that butt. The yellow mesh top is kind of cute too. Not sure about the grey jeans and the dirty fingernails though. I shouldn't be the one talking. Who's butt is it? It's probably a turn off if I find out, or he turns around, nevermind.

ohnochriso said...

1) Duh.
2) Ew.
3) Duh, Tom.

ohnochriso said...

Oh wait, you said BASSIST. Now I don't know. Damn.

M said...

Yeah that's what scared me. "LA/SF bass player" that sounds really scary.

huizenga said...

hahaha! I know I know! plugger guy...i think i took his place pretty well....and yellow mesh shirt (mine that he stole) does have a crack problem...and a jumpy little mulato problem too. hooooyah